Monday, August 3, 2020

Slightly better B&W Jupiter




Same night and same equipment from previous post.  But this is only 15% of the 16,099 frames taken at around 12:51 am on 7/31.   I've noticed that planets are better after they've past their zenith for about 2 hours.   So, basically maybe I should only shoot when they are in the 12:30 to 2:00 am POSITION (not time).

(Later:  Just wanted to include a note about processing in Autostakkert...   I initially tried to place my own alignment points (about 210) but I ended up with a .tif file where I got artifacts when I sharpened.  For the image above, I let Autostakkert pick 1188 alignment points and had a better result.  So I think in general, it's fine (or possibly advisable) to have 1000+ alignment points.)

No comments:

Post a Comment