Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Not So Great Rupes Recta and Rima Birt

 

My goal here was to get Rupes Recta and Rima Birt, and although I was able to get 33000+ frames and stack around 3,000 frames, it just doesn't look great.  I tried stacking 30 percent, 9 percent (this image) and 1 percent.   And they look out of focus.  I looked at the raw video and it looked fine.  But I guess it was just barely out of focus.   I only collected one video of this target and in retrospect, I should have planned for 4-5 videos where I refocused for each one.  

Video was captured on 7/29 at 10:02 pm.  This is a 10 day old moon, illuminated at 78%.

(This is through the QHY 290 mono cam, C11, TV 2x barlow.....  Now that I think about it, this was the first night of shooting with the new camera and I know that I forgot to use the UV/IR filter on some of my first footage.   This is probably the reason for the focus issue.)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment