Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Saturn from 08/13/2020

 First RGB planet image.  No derotation yet.


60 seconds each in Optolong RGB filters, TV 2x barlow, C11 scope with QHY 290m camera using the ZWO filter wheel.  

Hm...  this data set is one of seven RGB runs taken in sequence.  Hopefully, the de-rotated image shows more banding and maybe a hint of the polar hexagon.

Not as clean as I'd like but it "seems" to be cleaner than the color data from the 462C camera.  Also, there's a slight magenta vibe on the planet's east and west sides which I may address later.

After I process a few more RGB's, I'll see if I can do a comparison between the color vs mono cameras.

Compare with an image from the 462C back in August:  https://astrokowang.blogspot.com/2020/08/saturn-on-88-in-color.html



No comments:

Post a Comment