Monday, March 10, 2014

More Flux.   So a few posts back I posted a single frame of flux nebulosity near M81/M82.   It was a single 15 minute exposure.  That evening I had managed to take 17 exposures at 15 minutes.   All the exposures showed excessive trailing due to mysterious mount issues.  For kicks, I decided to stack 16 exposures to see what I would get.   Here it is:  Camera:  135mm Zeiss at F/3.2.   Mount:  Orion Sirius.   Shots at 800 ISO.   Stacked in Deep Sky Stacker with lights and bias only.  No flats, no darks.   Heavily pushed in levels in Photoshop.   The colors were really out of whack and I couldn't recover anything that resembled "normal".   Interesting result.


You can see M82/M81 in the upper right of the shot.

I believe the shape in the lower half of the screen is referred to as the "angel".   I think if I stuck with the astro-physics mount and dedicated 3 nights (maybe 12-15 hours total) to this area, I could come up with enough data for a passable image.   As it stands, I have to push it so much that I end up with too much noise for my taste.




No comments:

Post a Comment