Saturday, October 27, 2018

C11 images

Some single frames from the C11...

First a raw file converted to JPG.  This is a 30 sec at 25600 ISO of M31... (click to enlarge)




 
Lots of fine dark nebulosity detail near the core.   It's not rare to see this detail, but it's surprising that such fine detail came out through ISO 25600 and an SCT.  😱   The second pic is the same frame that had some color correction and contrast features increased.   Coma is obscuring a fair bit of detail near the core.

The vignetting is obvious and is caused by the OAG which isn't really designed for full-frame sensors.

Next are two shots of NGC 925 at 5 and 10 minutes at 3200 ISO.   Much to my surprise, the guiding was good.




Here is the 10 minute exposure with a little color correction and contrast boosts...


Obviously, I need to stack at least 50-60 of these to make a decent image, but I'm happy with these single, "investigative" frames.

 And lastly a comparison from the old Tak102 and the C11...

 I was going to sell the C11, but I think it's actually a decent deep-space imaging scope.   

Now I just need a good field flattener...   hm...


1 comment:

  1. Very Nice! I'm also surprised at the pinpoint stars with this SCT. Don't get rid of that scope!

    ReplyDelete